Hot Buttered Rum
Can’t go wrong with this classic hot cocktail to help keep you warm and comforted as you cuddle up with a good book.
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt 3/4 cup spiced rum
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 sticks cinnamon, for garnish
Bring water, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, honey, nutmeg, cloves, and salt to a boil in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart saucepan over moderately high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in rum. Garnish with the cinnamon sticks and serve hot.
Written by Candy Kirby for Better You and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.