Cinnamon-Honeycrisp Old Fashioned
This “boozy-citrus-sweet combination is perfection,” according to Cuisine & Cocktails), taking advantage of delicious honeycrisp apples for the tragically short window they’re in season.
- 1 ounce honeycrisp-cinnamon syrup (2 diced honeycrisp apples, ½ cup water, ½ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh orange juice
- 2-3 splashes orange bitters
- Ground cinnamon, apple slices for garnish
Add apples and water to a small saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat. Stir until apples are tender. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Push through a mesh sieve to yield about ½-cup liquid. Return to saucepan and add ½ sugar and cinnamon.
Stir over medium heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to fully cool. In a rocks glass, add a whiskey ball (or ice). Add bourbon/whiskey, lemon/orange juice, bitters and honeycrisp-cinnamon syrup. Stir. Garnish with cinnamon and apple slices, and serve.
Written by Candy Kirby for Better You and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.